- First, to come back to the True Gospel.
The gospel is the foundation and if there is one thing we must not compromise, it is the gospel. The gospel is NOT:
- asking Jesus into your heart,
- saying a sinner’s prayer, or
- just believing that God exists.
No! Jesus said to be His follower, a person needs to be born again; of water and of Spirit (John 3:5) This means:
- recognizing our sin
- repenting toward God the Father
- having faith in Jesus and being baptized to him, (by complete immersion in water) and
- receiving the Holy Spirit.
And according to the Book of Acts (the only book that shows conversions into Christ), all these are important for salvation and should happen on the same day of repentance. That is what it is to be born again. We need to get that message out to every church denomination, every household, every Christian! This is because many churchgoers today are not truly born again and they also need to hear the true gospel.